Thursday, October 06, 2005

By the grace of God!!

Phew!

Somehow by the grace of God I survived this week. I need to share with you how this is really rather amazing so bear with me...

Somehow, someway, all of these things I completed in the span of less than a week:

1. A 35 minute presentation with a fellow student on Mark 4:1-9 (due Tuesday)
2. A five page research paper on the same passage (same class due Tuesday)
3. A 20 minute sermon on the same passage (same class!! due Today)
4. A two paragraph critique on a twenty minute sermon listened to on my computer (same class due Today)
5. A six page exegetical report on Matthew 3:1-12 (due Today)

And now, here's the clincher, the proverbial icing on the cake...in the midst of all that I had Presbytery required Psychological Evaluations and Career counseling from 9:30AM to 5PM on Wednesday with take home homework and then a second part from 9 to 11:15 AM going straight into delivering my sermon at 11:40!

Can we say recipe for meltdown.

Thankfully with the help of a very supportive spouse and mostly understanding daughter (hey she's only 2 after all) and a gracious God who provided me energy and sanity throughout most of it, I have now crossed the finish line. And boy does it feel good!

Please my friends, hit me over the head if I get myself into something like this again :-) Ok, so don't resort to violence but a very stern talking to!

-J

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

You weren't kidding when you said hell week!!!! Whoa, girl! Glad to hear you're on the other side, and yes, by the grace of God indeed.

2:56 AM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Scott said...

Hey, look who I found in the blogosphere! Hiya Bear, I'm glad you made it through your hell week... hope everything else is going well. Say hi to Troy and Annika for me!

8:08 PM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Pat Mulcahy said...

That does sound like a nasty week. Unfortunately, I have to say, it also sounds very familiar! I'm right with you on this ... we are at midterms now, and I'm also making my Profession of Faith and Oath of Fidelity in preparation for Ordination, and trying to get invitations out, and taking a bunch of courses. Thank God for the Holy Spirit!

8:34 PM, October 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home